12 Days of Fitness1 Dec
As it gets closer and closer to Christmas, it can get so much harder to find the time to go to the gym!
We have collected together 12 festive fitness workouts for you to try at home, so you still get your daily dose. You can do as many or as little reps of our mini workout as you want!
- Lords a lunging: This simple exercise can make your legs burn! Stand with legs hip-width apart, when lunging forward with your leg, make sure your knee doesn’t go over your foot. Press into the heel of the foot in front and then bring it back before switching legs!
- Santa Squats: Toning your glutes and legs, this exercise is one of everybody’s favourites! Hips a little wider than hip-width, keep your hips back, knees bent and chest up. Sit into the squat, keeping your form, before pressing into your feet and pushing back up and straightening your legs.
- Party plank to push-up: This targets your shoulders, arms and core. Starting in the plank position with your feet shoulder-width apart, back straight and leaning on forearms. Push your body up into the push-up position and hold before lowering yourself back down into the plank position.
- Decorating downward dog: Remember to stretch, no matter how much you exercise stretching can always help you improve. With your hands slightly ahead of your shoulders spreading your fingers out, and set your knees below your hips. As you exhale, push your heels back and straighten out your legs, making sure not to lock your knees.
- Snowman sit-ups: Feel you building up your core muscles with the exercise! Lying on your back, bend your knees, bring your hands to your ears instead of behind your head, this prevents you from pulling up with your neck. Keeping your feet flat on the floor, bring your body up to your thighs using your abdominal muscles, then lower yourself back down.
- Winter wall sit: Any wall will do! Walls are everywhere, so this exercise is perfect for any place. Lean against the wall with your feet hip-width apart, slide down the wall until your knees are at a right angle and you’re level with the floor. Hold for as long as you want before moving back up and repeating!
- Blizzard burpees: Get ready to test your stamina! Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, squat and lean forward, putting your hands on the floor. As you do this, jump your feet back before bringing them back underneath you again.
- Holiday hip lifts: This one will really test you. Lying on your back, lift your legs so they’re at a right angle. As you exhale, lift your hips and straighten your legs up into the air holding for a few seconds before bringing back down. Remember to pull your stomach in towards your spine!
- Toboggan tuck jump: You’ll be jumping into the New Year with this tuck jump! Starting in a squat position, make sure your legs are shoulder-width apart and keeping your back straight. Jump into the air tucking your knee as close as possible to your chest with your arms outstretched. Make sure that you’re not leaning towards your knees, but that you’re bringing them towards your chest.
- King kickback: Enjoy working out like royalty with these kickbacks! Placing yourself on your hands and knees, bring your knees under your hips and your hands under your shoulders. Keeping your legs at a 90-degree angle, kick it back into the air as high as you can.
- Candy cane crunch: Dream of those candy canes as you crunch your stomach. Starting with lying on your back, keep it straight and link your legs together before lifting them in the air. Try to keep them at a right angle to your body before crossing your arms over your chest and pulling yourself up with your stomach!
- Christmas calf raises: Reach to put the star on your tree with these easy but so effective calf raises! Feet flat on the floor, lift your heels, rolling onto the balls of your feet before slowly setting your heels back down. Carry on doing these but make sure not to lock your knees.
Enjoy all of these winter workouts from the comfort of your Christmas home, or head into the gym for some extra special Christmas help from our excellent staff!
Another great way of getting your fitness in this winter is checking out our app! We have incredible prizes to be won by completing daily challenges by recording different types of workouts. Check out the app today and find out more.