This privacy notice tells you what to expect when the Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC website collects personal information.
Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC (“We”, “our” and “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from 25th May 2018, the data controller is Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 7566037 and having its registered office at Northgate Arena, Victoria Road, Chester, CH2 2AU.
Statement of intent
When you supply any personal information to Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC we have legal obligations under the Data Protection in the way we deal with that information. In particular, we must:
· Collect the information fairly
· Let you know how we will use it
· Keep the information secure
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.brioleisure.org (our “Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to any service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
· Our forms may also collect various sensitive data including but not limited to ethnicity and gender in order to provide anonymised reports to Cheshire West and Chester Council.
· Our facilities and services are available to everyone, that means we also collect data for those aged under 16 years. Certain services are restricted to juniors and require the parent or guardian’s consent before admission is allowed. In these instances, we may be required to collect information relating to the junior and the guardian. We do not market to anyone under the age of 16 years, some services such as swimming lessons require online credentials to access the home portal, and you may receive communication from us relating to this service. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to provide us with the correct contact details of the parent or guardian in these cases.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of all information via all routes on the Internet is not completely secure. Though we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site, via the internet. Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that our service content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form on which we collect your data.
Google Analytics 3rd Party Data
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender, and interests to better understanding the behaviour of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences.
For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. We will also use this aggregated data to shape future products and promotions that suit the interests of our customers and visitors.
You may opt-out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences here.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If our business or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Job applicants, current and former Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC employees
When individuals apply to work at Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC, we will only use the information they supply to us to process their application and to monitor recruitment statistics.
Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing them beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We may from time to time contact you about other suitable jobs within this period.
We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment.
Once their employment with Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
Access to personal information
Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC try to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from 25th May 2018.
The Act and Regulations give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request must be made by contacting us directly as detailed in the ‘Contact us’ section below.
Should you wish to change any of the information held about you, you can do this by writing to us as detailed in the ‘Contact us’ section below. We may need to request proof of identification in these instances.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database, providing you are no longer using our facilities and services, you can request this in writing as detailed in the ‘Contact us’ section below.
If you are not happy with the way in which your data is managed, you should contact us immediately in writing as detailed in the ‘Contact us’ section below for resolution.