Prevent your muscles from hurting post-workout!4 Sep
We know it’s not been easy getting back into our centres, but we love seeing you all and want to help you get back into fitness as quickly and smoothly as possible!
After taking a break from workouts, your muscles can strain and become painful after the first couple days or weeks of getting back into a routine. Here are some of our tips for before, after and during workouts to prevent your muscles from hurting post-workout!
- Make sure you warm-up and cool down! Light exercise before and after your workout can help with soreness throughout your training too.
- Light cardio is a perfect start to your workouts – something as simple as walking to the gym can stop muscle aches and pains!
- Using lighter weights, to begin with for just a couple of minutes can warm up your muscles before you move onto heavier weights, helping reduce the risk of hurting yourself.
- Dynamic stretches not only help stretch out your muscles but get you moving! This is a fantastic way to start your workout – try some swinging leg lunges and more!
- As you workout, make sure you stay hydrated! Staying hydrated can help prevent muscles soreness after your workout, remember to keep drinking water throughout the day too.
- Rest! It is so key that you let your body rest and relax after working out; heading back to the gym you can feel like you need to get there every day – but take a day or two off to relax and rest your muscles!
- Workouts don’t end at the gym – do some light stretching when you wake up or before you go to sleep! Your muscles can feel tight when you’ve been working out, loosen them up with some stretching as you make a cup of tea or are getting ready for the day!
If you’re still struggling to get back to our centres – don’t miss out on our incredible online workouts that your favourite instructors have filmed here!