Make your New Year dreams a reality!9 Jan
Let’s make 2020 your healthiest year ever!
At the beginning of the year, we all have plans to be healthier but it can be a struggle to keep motivated as the year goes on. Whether you’re training for a marathon, getting fitter to improve your health or just want to spend more time playing with your kids, we can help you reach your goal.
Here are just a few ways to keep yourself motivated and interested in exercise throughout 2020!
- Exercising with a friend is a great way to start not only your New Year but your new routine too! By grabbing a gym buddy, you can help motivate one another throughout your workouts. You can workout with anyone; a family member, friend or even a workmate! It’ll introduce a new level of support and maybe even a light bit of competition to your workouts that’ll have you pushing yourselves further than you would working out solo.
- Reward yourself when you reach goals! Set yourself a couple of realistic SMART goals a month and work towards these; when you’ve reached a goal reward yourself. This can be anything from a new pair of gym leggings to a meal out with friends, or if you want to have a long-term reward pop a few quid into a pot every time you workout and save up for a holiday! You’ll find that regularly rewarding yourself will help improve your motivation and progress, so treat yourself!
- Try something new, like joining a fitness class! We have a huge range of classes both in and out of the water, and they’re a fantastic opportunity to push yourself to learn a new skill, We’ve got everything from the more holistic Yoga and Pilates to high-intensity workouts such as BODYATTACK and Brio Cycle, plus loads of dance and body conditioning classes, so you’re spoilt for choice! You can actually read about Kate, one of our #MyBrio customers, who decided to try all the classes at her local centres!
- Music can change your entire mood towards a workout – so make sure you’re listening to something fun and upbeat! There are so many playlists with different beats per minute that can help to set your pace for your workout.
- It is so easy to get bored when you are halfway through an exercise, so pop on your favourite TV show and get lost in it while you workout. Something as simple as this can give you just the little bit more motivation you need to keep going! The cardio kit in several Brio gyms feature TV screens, or just prop your phone up and stick on Netflix! Another idea is to set one programme as your ‘workout show’ – this means you can only watch it while you’re exercising. If you want to keep watching then you’re going to need to keep working out!
All of these ideas are great ways for you to motivate yourself! At Brio, we would love to help support you through your workouts too if you’re finding it hard to motivate yourself. With our Personal Trainers, you can get a tailored workout with exercises perfect for you; not only will this help you to enjoy exercising, but you’ll have extra support and someone to look out for you too!
So, its time to start your fitness journey with us – take a look at our membership and PAYG options and let’s get active!