Grab a workout buddy and get exercising!19 Aug
Without that one friend, it can be hard to keep yourself motivated to workout. Instead of quitting the gym, try our tips on how you can get back to work with a gym buddy at a safe distance!
Whether it’s your best mate, your sibling or even a work colleague, working out with someone else is a great way to stay motivated to reach your goals. Some people like to add a bit of competition to their workouts, while some just prefer having a friend there for support. However you work out, the added benefit of social interaction can make exercising even more enjoyable, especially with all the restrictions on socialising at the minute! Exercising at your local Brio centre together ensures you can chat and catch up in a safe, healthy environment while also making a positive change to your life!
So, here are a few ways you can work out with a gym buddy:
Finding a way for you to work out with your friends socially distanced in our centres isn’t as hard as it seems; you can try out a fitness class, swim together etc.
- Booking a fitness class, make sure that you arrive at the same time and queue up together; this will help you stand together in the class and enjoy the workout together.
- Jump in the pool together for a swim and then enjoy a quick catch up in the changing room before you leave together.
- For the gym, book the same time slot and enjoy jogging on the treadmill, or trying out a few weights together.
- Working out outside is safe if you want to workout with a friend! Head to a field, park or back garden with your friend but make sure the ground is relatively flat to help reduce the chance of injury.
- Using equipment like a yoga mat or skipping rope, you can lay this out to measure and make sure you’re both a suitable distance away from each other!
- Bringing your equipment will also help reduce cross-contamination; things like resistance bands, light weights and yoga blocks are easy to carry around.
- If you want something without equipment, why not try a hike and walk with friends!
- Set up workouts with your friends and plan to do them together; this can be anything like using our online exercises, doing Les Mills OnDemand and more!
- Plan a time to workout at the same time and video call to help motivate one another! Choose to workout 2/3 times together a week, even if this is to kickstart you back into fitness.