This privacy notice tells you what to expect when the Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC website collects personal information.
Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC (“We”, “our” and “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 7566037 and having its registered office at Northgate Arena, Victoria Road, Chester, CH2 2AU.
Statement of intent
When you supply any personal information to Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC we have legal obligations under the Data Protection in the way we deal with that information. In particular, we must:
- Collect the information fairly
- Let you know how we will use it
- Keep the information secure
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.brioleisure.org (our “Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to any service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that our service content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Job applicants, current and former Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC employees
When individuals apply to work at Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC, we will only use the information they supply to us to process their application and to monitor recruitment statistics.
Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing them beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We may from time to time contact you about other suitable jobs within this period.
We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment.
Once their employment with Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
Access to personal information
Cheshire West and Chester Leisure CIC tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request must be made to Cheshire West and Chester Council www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk