What to eat before your morning swim work out?21 Nov
If you’re for a healthy way to start your day, why not go for a morning swim before work
- It’s advisable to eat around 2 hours before you go swimming. This allows your stomach to settle.
- Snack before an early morning swim, and have breakfast after your work out.
- Pack your breakfast and snacks the night before, so you can just grab them on your way out in the morning.
- Without a snack before you morning swim, it’s likely your body’s store energy will be lowered.
- A great pre-swim snack is half a banana and a spoonful of peanut butter, or raisins and pretzels.
- After the workout, a regular breakfast is important and should be eaten within 30 minutes after the exercise is complete. Examples include a bagel with peanut butter and banana, a waffle with low fat milk, or one glass of low fat milk with low fat yoghurt with banana and orange juice.