High-intensity exercises to get your heart pumping! 2 Sep
Recently we looked at low-impact classes, so this month we thought we should share some amazing high-intensity classes that you should take part in!
Why should you do high-intensity exercises?
High-intensity exercise is short bursts of exercise with small breaks in between each intense set. With this type of training, you can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time helping you to lose weight. Your metabolic rate can also raise after a high-intensity workout, helping with weight loss after you’ve stopped moving; and even help reduce blood pressure!
What classes do we offer that are high intensity?
- Aqua HIIT: this class is incredible if you love HIIT and want to give the aqua version a try.
- Aqua Mitt: this high-intensity workout focuses on your upper body and uses gloves for extra resistance.
- Brio HIIT: leaving your body burning fat during and after, this class is excellent to get you burning calories in a short amount of time!
- Gym HIIT: this it HIIT but using the functional rig in the gym! Find out how to use the equipment to the best of your abilities.
- Metafit: focusing on using your bodyweight to have an effective workout, this class will get your body burning and burning fat 24 hours after! Try Metafit & Core which includes a core workout at the end too.
- HIIT Step: this newer class with take elements of HIIT and put them together with a step! It’s a great switch up from your typical HIIT session.
Why don’t you give some of these classes a go at your local centre! You can find out all the times and where the classes are held here.