Get Fit on Your Lunch Break10 May
Yes! you can get your daily exercise during your lunch break and here’s how,
Want to beat that 3pm slump? Working out during your lunch break makes you more productive and energised for the day ahead! Even if it is a 15 min stretch or a walk around the block, you’ll feel the benefits of those endorphins released during exercise.
Many adults in the UK spend around 9 hours a day sitting especially if you work in an office environment which requires you to be at your computer, the NHS has said that sitting for long periods is thought to slow the metabolism, which affects the body’s ability to regulate blood sugar, blood pressure and break down body fat.
Tips on a lunch workout!
- Plan Plan Plan, have your workout planned out in advance to avoid wasting time and get an efficient workout in!
- Be Prepared, pack your gym bag beforehand so you have all your toiletries and gym wear for a stressfree workout
- Book a class, having a booking gives you that accountability aspect as well as being guided by an instructor so you don’t have to worry about what to do, you just need to turn and enjoy the class!
- Walk around the block, for a well-paced 20 min walk is very beneficial to your overall wellbeing and activity levels, this could even be a 20 min walk to grab lunch!
- Eat your Greens! Having a protein-packed lunch is going to help push you through your workout and the rest of the day, we offer lots of healthy lunch options at our Brio Bites cafes perfect after or before your workout!
If you are looking for cardio exercises to kick start your lunch break workout check out our blog for all info on starting your journey and top tips!