Enjoy a guilt free Pancake Day!9 Feb
Pancake day is here!
Pancakes are delicious, and lets be honest – everyone loves them! They’re normally associated with being a really indulgent, unhealthy treat, but we’re not having that this year! The lovely gym team at Northwich Memorial Court have kindly shared this amazing recipe for clean eating, dairy and gluten free pancakes! Even better, they only need a couple of ingredients so they’re super simple!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- A little bit of oil for the pan
(these make them even tastier so pick a few!)
- Maple syrup
- Fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries or even more banana work well!)
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla essence
You can also add 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder to make the pancakes a bit fluffier.
- Using a fork, mash the banana up! Keep going until most of the lumps are gone.
- Add any extras like cinnamon, vanilla extract, baking powder etc.
- Whisk your eggs until the yolks and whites are combined, before pouring them over the banana and stirring until everything is combined. It’ll look more like whisked egg than normal pancake batter, but that’s how it’s meant to look so don’t worry!
- Heat your frying pan on medium heat, and add any oil you may be using.
- Cook for a minute before gently flipping them over. As the batter is a bit different to regular pancakes, it may be better to do this slowly, laying the pancake on its other side rather than flipping it.
- Sprinkle on any extra toppings.
- Cook for another minute or two. Flip them again if you need to get them evenly browned.
Let us know if you give these a try, and share your photos on our Facebook page!