Quick Morning HITT Workout7 Sep
As the summer school holidays wind down and the kids return to their routines, aka back to school (hooray) it’s the perfect time for parents (you!) to refocus on your own health and wellbeing.
Whether you took a break from the gym or found it too difficult to maintain a workout routine with the kids at home (we know how it is!)… don’t panic, we are here to help you get started.
Energising Morning Workout – 15 Min Circuit
Start your morning right with this quick full-body workout. Perfect for busy parents or those with a busy lifestyle!
1. Touch and hop: Touch & Hop: Stand on 1 leg slightly bent at the knee. Bend forward using opposite arm to leg and extend the other leg behind you whilst touching the floor with your hand. Quickly hop back up with knee to chest (Switch sides after 30 seconds!)
2. Jump squat: With your feet shoulder-width apart, bend your knees and keep your back straight. Sit as deep as you can go. Push through the heels, jump up off the ground and land with your knees slightly bent and back into a squat. Repeat!
3. Plank jumps: Start in a push-up position with your feet together. Hop your feet as far as you can and land softly on your toes. Jump again to bring your feet back together and repeat.
4. Single Leg Ski Jumps: Stand up, jump to the right, bend your right knee and bring your left foot behind you. Jump to the left and repeat back and forth.
5. Dumbbell swing: Stood with your feet together, and step back with one leg into a deep lunge. As you stand, lift that knee as high as you can and repeat until you switch sides. Challenge yourself by using a dumbbell. With one arm up with a dumbbell and one without to the side, extend your arm up and down as you lunge and contract.
6. Glute bridge overhead reach: Lie on your back with your knees and your arms bent, and place your feet flat on the floor. Lift your hips, squeeze the glutes and reach your left arm up and across the body. Try touching the floor just above your right shoulder. Return to the initial position and repeat on the opposite side.
7. Plank row leg raise: Get into a plank position with a dumbbell on each hand. Pull the right dumbbell toward your waistline, squeeze the shoulder blades and then repeat on the left side. Lift your right leg as high as you can without arching your back, hold for one second and then repeat with the left leg. Keep alternating sides for 60 seconds.
8. Core control rear lunge: Stand up with your feet together, hold a dumbbell in your right hand and extend your left arm out to the side, until it’s parallel with the floor. As you step back with your left leg and lunge, extend your right arm up and rotate your palm forward. As you stand up, bend your left leg, lift your knee as high as you can, bring your right elbow to your left knee, and rotate your palm so that it faces your body. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
If you’ve enjoyed these workouts and are ready for that next step, why not become a Brio Leisure Member today? We have 7 gyms and 6 pools across Cheshire West & Chester, there’s bound to be one close to home!