Quick and easy tips on how to achieve your health goals!21 Oct
We all have goals; life goals, relationship goals, and so many more! Here are some of our top tips on how to reach your health goals.
How to achieve your health goals:
- Start with setting yourself realistic, specific and attainable goals! Goals that you know you can reach will help push you forward and give you a positive mindset from the start. This is the perfect way to begin your journey; don’t forget you can always alter your goals and make them harder if you want to push yourself further!
- Be persistent with reaching your goals! It’s all good and well having goals that you can achieve, but having these goals and doing nothing to get to them is entirely different. You need to keep going; every challenge has its drawbacks and hardships, and this one is no different.
- When reaching a milestone, reward your success. With every challenge, you can set yourself mini checkpoints. These can be as simple as going to the gym three days in a row! If you reach this checkpoint, reward yourself keeping up your positive mindset and focusing on the attainable goals you’ve set.
- Keeping up a healthy lifestyle is tough; that’s why you shouldn’t do it alone! Surround yourself with support and people who cheer you on; we offer Focus Move Evolve, a free personalised fitness programme that helps you reach your goals with the support of our incredible staff! Not only that, but feel free to chat with any of the team in our centres. We would love to help you out and support you!
- Tracking your progress is an excellent way to see how you’re doing with achieving your goals. Whether it’s on paper or your phone, monitoring workouts throughout the week is a fantastic way to see how far you’ve come and show the milestones you have completed! (Which you can then reward!)
- Sometimes life does get in the way of us living a healthy lifestyle; but try not to skip two days in a row of working out, this can affect how you’ve turned going to the gym, or swimming etc. into a routine.
- Always remember to prioritise your goals! Healthy eating and losing weight might seem to you like they go hand in hand – but healthy eating is helping to maintain your weight as well as eating less junk food. If you want to lose weight, or focus on bulking up, one of your other goals might need to take a backseat as you focus on the other goal.
- Finally, have a plan. With a plan, you can sort out what food you’re going to eat for the week, when you’re going to the gym or fitness class with friends and how this is all going to fit into your daily life with work, family etc. Remember to include both exercise and nutrition into your plan! With getting into a healthier lifestyle, it’s your whole life that alters – not just how much you eat or how little you exercise!
If you’re struggling to come up with a fitness plan – don’t forget that we offer a FREE personalised fitness programme! Give these tips a try and see how you can achieve your health goals today. Start your healthy lifestyle today by joining now!