Keeping Active as you Age!9 Sep
Keeping active as you age is a fantastic way to reduce risks of heart disease, strokes, type 2 diabetes and so much more!
Heading back to the gym, pool or fitness classes might be out of your comfort zone at the moment but try these ideas below to help you get some fitness back in your routine.
- Not only does keeping active improve physical health – but it also improves mental health, boosts your mood and self-esteem too!
- Daily social distanced walks are a brilliant way to not only get 30 minutes of exercise, but you can meet up with friends and family outdoors and enjoy some company too!
- Completing household chores will also keep you active, why don’t you pop on your favourite music and sing along as you clean.
- Gardening is perfect for those who want some more gentle exercise; with gardening, you don’t need to kneel down, find a small stool and use this as a way to find a new hobby!
- Seated exercises are another form of gentle exercise; if you struggle with balance and want to get more active, try out our Cheshire Change Hub seated exercises! Or click here to find a video now!