Help us keep our equipment clean – what you need to know!12 Aug
We understand that before lockdown wiping down equipment was a habit to help increase the sanity of the gym; now it’s a necessity to help yourself and others feel as safe as possible!
Here are our tips on how you can help our incredible staff keep the gym a safe and clean space for everyone.
- Make sure you sanitise and wash your hands when you arrive, before heading into the gym and when you feel it’s needed! We have sanitising stations around our centres to help you out with this.
- Please don’t bring a towel with you to any of our gym sessions; we want to limit the use of your belongings to help with cross-contamination. Using sweatbands is an excellent substitute for towels!
- Clean all equipment before and after you use any machine; this is key to helping everyone to use the machine safe!
- We have a lot of cleaning products for you to use! Please use this to clean everything down, not only will you be cleaning down our equipment but our staff will be doing this as well.
- Be careful with any screens on our cardio equipment; when using cardio equipment, you will often touch the screen; this is a key place to wipe down. Please be careful with these screens and make sure that you don’t make them too damp.
- Focus on the main areas you touch or have contact with; any buttons you press, the arms of the machines and more! But don’t forget to wipe down the rest of the machines too.
- Wait for the equipment to dry! We don’t want any injuries while using the equipment; please make sure that you wait a couple of seconds for the cleaning products to dry before working out.
Help us keep you all safe! Enjoy heading back to our centres and have fun – if you’re not quite ready to head back just yet check out our YouTube channel, or get 30 days FREE with Les Mills on-demand here.