Get active with Swimfit!1 May
Swimfit, the world’s leading pool workout is available at several Brio pools!
The Swimfit programme has been developed by swimming experts at the ASA. It is a great alternative for keeping fit other than using a gym or attending a fitness class. It’s really easy to join and you can get involved in two ways. You can either join a Swim Fit Activate+ group session which will be delivered by one of our qualified instructors or pick up a Swim Fit Activation+ card on poolside to enhance your own swimming experience. You can also log your progress online through Swimfit Motivate! This really is a great way to get in shape and stay healthy.
Swimfit fulfils a number of categories, namely:-
- Health – for those who want to improve their general health and wellbeing.
- Fitness – for those who simply want to improve their fitness levels
- Low impact – great for those with aches and pains as swimming really is the best form of non-weight bearing activity
- Competitive – for those who really want to get that competitive edge and be the best they can!
- Tone – swimming is a great way to keep in shape and tone up
- Weight Loss – great way to burn calories and get rid of the love handles!
- Challenges – keep yourself motivated and challenged to keep your work outs fun and exciting.
We all know swimming is good for you but here are some of the reasons why you should think seriously about pulling on your costumes and trunks and jumping in that pool!
- Water is about 800 times denser that air. This means you can work harder and burn more calories in a pool.
- Swimming can support up to 90% of the body’s weight in the water, creating a safer exercise environment for people with injuries
- The pressure of the water means that you can work to the same intensity as on land but with a heart rate of up to 20 bpm lower.
- Swimming for just 30 minutes burns between 200 – 350 calories.
So, now you know what Swimfit is all about, get yourself down to a Brio Pool and join in an organised session for an all-round great work out.
Swimfit classes are included free inside your Brio Premier Membership! Ask staff for further details!