Benefits of Turmeric! 13 Jun
Not sure where to begin with this orange spice? We’ve got all the benefits of turmeric here!
Turmeric is a colourful spice originating from India where they use it in traditional cuisine. Curcumin is a key ingredient in turmeric and one of the main reasons why turmeric is so good for you is that it can contain anti-inflammatory effects.
However, curcumin is hard to absorb, and so many supplements containing turmeric will include black pepper, this helps you absorb the curcumin.
What can it do?
– The curcumin in turmeric tends to be an anti-inflammatory.
– Supports healthy joints and reducing joint pain, and research suggests curcumin can help with some arthritis.
– It can be packed full of antioxidants!
– Can help with your cardiovascular health.
– It can help to improve liver function and digestion.
How can you add turmeric to your daily diet?
There are so many ways to include turmeric into your daily diet. These can be as simple as sprinkling it on top of salads to add some spice to your life or turning up the heat and making a curry full of turmeric spices!
As well as curries, it goes amazingly well on BBQs or add to oil to fry with some spice. Why not try adding it smoothies and drinks to mix up your morning? Add it to rice, use it in soups and throw some in with roasted veg!
There are so many possibilities where you can have fun trying out this amazing spice! Find out some more exciting recipes here.
What’s your favourite turmeric recipe?! Let us know in the comments!