7 Reasons to start lifting weights today!25 Nov
Worried about weights? We’ve got you covered!
Weight lifting can be intimidating and not something most of us would head towards in the gym. It’s easy to think it’s just for big, beefy people but even lifting a couple of smaller weights can impact your health so much! Here’s how:
- Weight lifting helps you lose fat! Using weights builds up your muscle tissue, decreasing that fat and increasing your muscles as well as impacting your metabolism.
- Injury is reduced when you start lifting weights; by lifting weights, you build up strength in your muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones and building up the weaker areas of your body. Through this, your ligaments get a lot better at absorbing shock, therefore helping to reduce the risk of injury.
- Reducing the risk of disease; weight lifting strengthens your heart as you grow stronger and cardio training keeping your body healthier.
- Weight lifting is a lot more accessible than you think! You don’t need to go to the gym to lift weights, try out a couple of smaller weights and introduce them into your home workout routine! Adding something in that includes weights can help you strengthen muscles you didn’t even know existed.
- Looking for ways to improve posture, sleep, and energy? Weight lifting is excellent for improving your posture, to keep yourself from any injury you need to have good posture and working your body to have this posture will become a habit in and out of the gym. Carrying heavier weights will also tire yourself out, this will help sleep habits as well as increasing your stamina as you increase the number of reps you do and therefore increasing energy.
- Over time, your balance will start to improve. Like posture, you need good balance to perform exercises well; to begin with, use small weights, so your balance isn’t strained by the extra weight and build this up over time.
- Finally, weight lifting can help with decreasing the risk of osteoporosis. Weight lifting strengthens your bones, increasing your bone density which helps reduce the risk of fractures and breaks.
If you ever need any help with introducing weights into your workout plan, don’t forget to speak to any of our excellent staff! We also offer Focus Move Evolve, which is a programme that can help you plan out your personal fitness programme and can help with introducing weights. We also provide Personal Training which you can sign up for here.