What’s happening at Neston Recreation Centre?16 May
Exciting times ahead for Neston Recreation Centre!
A reduced fitness class timetable is now being run out of Neston Civic Hall while the Recreation Centre is closed. Take a look at our timetables to see what’s on! Free parking can be found close to the Civic Hall at Chester Road Car Park.
There’s been a change to the work schedule so Neston Recreation Centre will now remain open until Monday 14 August. Swimming lessons will still be ending as originally planned, but the gym, swimming pool and classes will be available to use until the new closure date! We’ve changed the date in the article below to avoid any confusion.
As you may have read in our previous story, Neston Recreation Centre is to get a £2.2m investment and will be undergoing a huge transformation!
The new and improved Neston Recreation Centre will include:
- A fully accessible, two-storey extension incorporating a new spacious reception area and viewing area to the pool on the ground floor, with a lift up to the first floor
- Upgraded swimming changing rooms
- A new community room.
- A new, purpose-built fitness studio on the ground floor to host our fantastic fitness class timetable.
- A brand new 60+ station gym on the first floor, to include a Synrgy functional training rig, LF Connect interactive consoles on the cardio kit, and a Spin Zone
- Upgraded first-floor gym changing rooms
- Replacement sports hall floor
So, quite a big change then!
The centre is due to close on 14 August in order for construction to begin. The aim is to then partially reopen with a new pool programme and fitness studio by the beginning of January 2018. There will be temporary access and a temporary reception area while the rest of the construction work is taking place.
The centre is planned to fully reopen in April 2018, and we’ll keep you all up-to-date with the latest developments right here on the website, or on Facebook and Twitter. If you’d like to join our mailing list then just pop an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll keep you updated.
We’re really excited about the redevelopment, and know it’ll be a great asset to the schools and sports clubs that currently use the centre, and the wider community too.