What’s happening at Neston Recreation Centre?16 May
Exciting times ahead for Neston Recreation Centre!
As you may have read in our previous story, Neston Recreation Centre is to get a £2.2m investment and will be undergoing a huge transformation!
The new and improved Neston Recreation Centre will include:
- A fully accessible, two-storey extension incorporating a new spacious reception area and viewing area to the pool on the ground floor, with a lift up to the first floor
- Upgraded swimming changing rooms
- A new community room.
- A new, purpose-built fitness studio on the ground floor to host our fantastic fitness class timetable.
- A brand new 60+ station gym on the first floor, to include a Synrgy functional training rig, LF Connect interactive consoles on the cardio kit, and a Spin Zone
- Upgraded first-floor gym changing rooms
- Replacement sports hall floor
So, quite a big change then!
The centre is due to close on 17 July in order for construction to begin. The aim is to then partially reopen with a new pool programme and fitness studio by the end of September 2017. There will be temporary access and a temporary reception area while the rest of the construction work is taking place.
We’re really excited about the redevelopment, and know it’ll be a great asset to the schools and sports clubs that currently use the centre, and the wider community too.